Post Mothers Day Thoughts
Ami and I have almost been married for three years. Last night I was reflecting on what we have done and where we have been in those three years and it was very fun to think about. Here is a brief list:
In the last three years we have:
- Lived in four different homes/apartments.
- Been in contract to purchase 7 different homes in Utah.
- Purchased 2 of those homes.
- Had two pregnancies, one of which was successful.
- Had 6 different jobs between us
- Started 6 of our own businesses (many unsuccessfully.)
- Owned 6 different computers (5 laptops) of which we still use 4 on a regular basis.
- Owned 4 vehicles. (Worth noting that Ami has always had the same car and I've been through 3 on my own, the Honda, Infiniti, & Lexus)
- Listened to over 65 Audiobooks.
- Been through 2 fish, a guinea pig, and a dog (still have the dog)
- Lost almost $400,000 in poor business sense.
- Done door to door sales in 9 different states.
- Used over 65,000 cell phone minutes (1083.3 hours) not counting mobile to mobile or nights and weekends.
- Seen every episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, and Still Standing. (Currently working on Who's Line is it Anyway)
- Held 7 church callings.
- Almost finished reading the Book of Mormon once as a couple (I know its pathetic but we are in Moroni 9)
- Found 3 geo-caches (Also Pathetic)
- Been to Disneyland twice
- Been through 6 different cell phones
- Only mowed our own lawn like 4 or 5 times
Not to bad but interesting for sure!
Why did I not know about these 7 homes we were under contract for and how can you talk on the phone so much!? Who the heck are you talking to? I’d also like to point out that I’ve only owned two of those cell phones.
It’s revealing to make a list like this. I noticed that (being a guy’s list) it focuses on stuff having to do with money/possessions. I expect if Ami were to make the list it would lean in other directions. You notice everything, but give different things weight. It would be fun to make a list of this sort every 20 years or so and see if you’ve changed focus. If I were to make a list, it would mention grandkids, trips, paintings and writings, books read–not so different–but no TV (I only watch “Nature” and the news). And I suppose Dad would list yard improvements and job stuff. Church calling stuff would be on our lists. Makes one wonder if we really learn as much as we should along the way about prioritizing our lives and “raising the bar” on the way we spend our time and resources…
Ava’s taking a long nap so I meandered onto your nicely twittersynced website (nicely done, might I add) and chuckled a bit while I browsed through the pictures– ah the good ol’ days. I’m happy to see you’re a blogger too, it’s good to get the hubby’s perspective too (no matter how WRONG or SKEWED it is…)
ps. who ARE you talking to for so many minutes???
pss..why haven’t i ever been invited to one of your famous “majorly themed” dance dates???? hmmmmm???? i’d like an answer, sir!