I have a biz crush on CapitalOne. There are very few companies that I 100%, without any hesitation, endorse like I own them. CapitalOne is toward the top of that list.
My experience with CapitalOne has been flawless and awesome from day 1.
My first interaction with CapitalOne was many years ago when I was a broke college student who couldn’t get qualified to buy a car with any lending institution… not even the credit unions who will take anyone with a pulse.
Capital One sent me a blank check and gave me a… decent… interest rate.
I’ve had various credit card accounts with them over the years and here are a few things I will share with anyone with is bored enough to listen to me rave about CapitalOne:
- At one point I filed bankruptcy and I had a balance on a CapitalOne card that went into the bankruptcy. A lot of creditors hold a grudge and are hard to deal with in a bankruptcy. CapitalOne was as smooth as butter and welcomed me back with open arms.
- CapitalOne has an awesome online interface and an even better mobile app. Love how easy it is to navigate and make payments.
- CapitalOne lets me download all transactions from any date range I choose to a spreadsheet for various accounting purposes. *Awesome
- CapitalOne has the very BEST cash back reward card I can find or get approved for. Their Quicksilver card is 1.5% cash back on EVERYTHING all the time. You can’t beat that. My wife and I both have a Quicksilver card and we try to put everything on it. We feel like we are getting a 1.5% discount on everything we buy. (Of course that only works because we always pay it off in full and don’t pay any interest fees ever).
- CapitalOne’s Spark card for businesses is equally awesome offering a flat 2% cash back on EVERYTHING. To get the 2% cash back you do have to pay a $59 annual fee but that is an absolute no brainer. If you don’t want to pay $59 a year you can still get 1.5% cash back. (The math works out that if you charge more than $12,000 a year it is worth it to pay the $59 annual fee.)
- CapitalOne is amazing at fraud prevention and fraud restoration. Its very common for me to get a text message and/or email from CapitalOne asking me to quickly verify purchases. I don’t find this annoying… rather satisfying.
- All the same, likely due to my own behavior and not the fault of CapitalOne, I have on more than a few occasions had card info stolen and unapproved charges appear on my card. I make a call that lasts no more than 4 minutes… identifying the charges that I didn’t approve and then they… take care of it. All of it… with speed and awesomeness. Every charge is immediately credited back and the replacement card is in the mail.
- The other day I called to request a new business card for an employee. Phone call lasted about 4 minutes. New card was at my front door the next day… FedEx Overnight at no expense to me.
- When you call customer support, you get someone in the USA… or at least if they are off seas they must find English speakers that are really good!
Seriously get rid of any existing crappy card you have and go with CapitalOne.
And if any CapitalOne employees are reading this and want to thank me for this endorsement… how about 2.5% on the Spark Card???